You will receive five hourly teleconferences and webinars on the key leadership competencies. That’s five hours of highly valuable content which you can start applying immediately.
Session 1 – Practical Strategy. Learn how to chart your course, whether you are in charge of 2 people or 20,000, in a practical, no nonsense way that informs your decisions immediately. You will be able to transform uncertainty into clear, actionable steps and milestones, and commitment.
- What is strategy, sans buzzwords
- How to assess your present position objectively
- How to create common vision, goals and milestones, which are endorsed (“bought into”) by all concerned
- How to execute a successful strategy.
Session 2 – Financial Skills for non-Financial Managers. The essense of financial management delivered in an intensive format. You will learn to talk to CFOs in the language they will understand.
- Practical primer in financial accounting
- How to read financial statements
- Understanding financing, investing and operating decisions
Session 3 – Cost-Benefit Analysis. Learn the state of the art methods of financial analysis in just one hour. Plus, a comprehensive review of non-economic factors that often get forgotten. You will learn how to make or recommend sound investment and operating decisions, and validate proposals and other documents from vendors and consultants.
- Tools and inputs needed for analysis
- Typical weaknesses – learn why 9 out of 10 analyses can be questioned.
- Contemporary methods, their strengths and weaknesses: payback, IRR, NPV, and Real Options.
Session 4 – Business Cases and Decision Making. Advocate and make winning decisions, blending the knowledge of strategy, finance, behavioral economics and psychology.
- How to use a proven framework, key success factors and typical mistakes
- How to use what you know about the audience: attention to detail, agenda, priorities, preferences, style, etc
- How to use principles of behavioral economics to your advantage, whether you are on the giving or the receiving end.
Session 5 – Practical Change Management. This content is well beyond the usual project management curriculum. We will talk about the key success factors in change management, why 2/3 of all change efforts fail and how to ensure yours is a clear win.
- How to ensure broad support
- How to make others do what you want them to do
- How to measure progress and refine the approach.